SQL2008 SP3 Error
Errors in SQL2008 SP3 installation and the troubleshooting steps.===============================================
I got below error when I trying to install SQL2008 SP3 patch.
To resolve above error code 0x84B20002, we need to do follow steps:
- We need to search the missing MSI original file (‘sql_engine_core_inst.msi’) from the SQL2008 software folder or CD.
- Then copy the missed MSI file to ‘C:\Windows\Installer\’ path.
- Rename the original file ‘sql_engine_core_inst.msi’ to 12c57ede.msi(missing file) in the above mentioned path(Find missing file name from the error).
- Next Rerun the SQL2008 SP3 patch executable file.
- Finally SP3 patch will apply successfully.
Have a Sucessful SP3 patch installation....