SQL SERVER Upgrade: SQL2012 features
Time to upgrade your old SQL server to SQl2012:
Why we consider the SQL Server to upgrade from old version?
SQL2012 consists of important features that are not available in the old versions.
Nice features of SQL Server 2012.
1. Contained databases help to avoid the database user’s creation in the destination server after migration.
2. Server Core support significantly reduces the patching.
3. Security-User defined server role helps to create custom defined server role in SQL 2012 server.
4. Column store index assists in storing of the data as like column instead of old row level storage to improve the data access performance.
5. Tabular model mode to help personal BI users to achieve their work in excel to SSAS.
6. Data Quality Service to help BI users to implement the standards and quality of data in SSAS.
7. Power View helps end users to drag and drop the required field for analysis and report purposes in BI.
8. AlwaysOn Availability Groups helps to failover the databases as a single entity, unlike database mirroring where you can only do one database at a time.
9. Replaced processors license with Core License model.
10. Pagination is introduced in order to show the data in terms of number of record count by OFFSET and FETCH keywords.